We currently have a new opportunity you may be interested in. If you or someone you know may be interested in this role, please contact me directly:
Position Summary: CIVIL AND SECURITY ENGINEER
Location : Tiverton
Duration : Contract ( 1 Year) (may be extended).
Start Date : December 1 , 2017
End Date : December 31, 2018
- Provide expert technical information, technical advice and strategic advice to the Section Manager.
- The work will include operability assessments for non-standard configuration of components and systems and developing recommendations to resolve the non standard condition via permanent fix or mitigating actions.
- As Owner’s Engineer, on behalf of the Design Authority, maintain oversight of assigned systems to ensure the approved design basis configuration is maintained in accordance with Safety Analysis and Design Requirements
- Maintain Operational Focus to ensure Safe Operation of the Plant
- Consult with internal and external contacts (e.g. External Vendors, other utilities, etc.) to implement nuclear system modifications and component replacements to improve System Health and Equipment Reliability
- Maintain Commitment to Nuclear Safety with focus on improving safety margins.
- Lead point of contact for high priority station emergent work providing necessary leadership to manage a small or large group of stakeholders.
- Provide section management and leadership at the request of the section manager which includes daily tasks such as but not limited to meeting attendance, individual work assignment direction and project accountability.
- Analyze non-standard station technical problems, or problems requiring an advanced level of expertise. (e.g., in the area of system, structure or component (SSC) design, performance, reactor safety/licensing, project management). Provide advice, assess proposed solutions, develop and/or implement approved solutions.
- Provide functional advice and accountability in the areas of technical expertise, risk mitigation, process development and job co-ordination as it relates to the execution of work programs.
- Keep informed regarding internal and external issues and solutions in the assigned area. Apply this knowledge by making technical improvements, where deemed necessary.
- Independently manage his/her work and make process improvements to benefit the company. (eg. improve process efficiency, reduce corporate cost). Make high level, independent decisions and challenge the status quo, where deemed necessary.
- Provide technical verification of work carried out in the Section, as required, consistent with Divisional procedures.
- Provide technical advice to management in engaging external contractors for work in the above areas.
- Provide technical oversight and independent review of work performed by external contractors.
- Provide liaison with external organizations, including participation in CANDU Owners Group, Research and Development Working Groups and Standard Association Committees.
- Recommend and/or develop technical programs, reflecting internal and external operating experience and industry technology trends, which maintain/improve the long-term performance of major processes, equipment and systems. As assigned, provide direction and oversee specific phases of project design or technical elements of projects. Attend, and represent Department, as directed, on various internal and external technical committees.
- Assist in the development of staff technical expertise, including the execution of Job Performance measures, consistent with the requirements of the applicable TQD’s under the direction of the Section Manager.
- Mentor engineering staff to allow them to troubleshoot problems and better understand, sustain and improve system design or performance.
Education and Experience:
- A four year bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering designation (P.Eng.) is required.
- Experience in Nuclear sector is preferred.
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering programs and standards.
- A period of at least 10 years proven experience with structural design, seismic design, scaffolding design and concrete assessments.
The selection criteria for this posting includes:
- Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Experience per the above qualifications.
- Technical Knowledge and Competency in Civil Engineering.
- Transferable skills (for example, effective communication, drive for accountability and results, collaboration and teamwork).
- Past performance record and suitability for this position.
There is a per diem for out of town candidates of $90.00/day. If you or anyone you know is available and interested, please reply with an updated resume, incorporation status, security clearance status and hourly rate expectation.