Cronos Consulting Group is an Engineering Search firm. We headhunt for stellar individuals within these sectors: Mining, Infrastructure (Transportation, Water, Energy), Consulting (all disciplines), Power Generation (Hydro, Nuclear and Renewable – wind, solar etc), Environmental and Petrochemical.
We currently have a new opportunity you may be interested in. If you or someone you know may be interested in this role, please contact me directly:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Target Start Date : As soon as possible
Contract Duration : 6 Months
MUST BE SECURITY CLEARED
• Receives assignments from Supervisor as well as identifies potential problems and opportunities in assigned areas and/or systems in the facility.
• Assesses, evaluates and recommends initial disposition of the problems as requiring (1) further review and investigations, (2) abandonment of the problem as being the best alternative.
• Receives approval and discusses proposed solution, as required with other personnel; such as, Section Managers, Shift Supervisors, Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL) and Head Office specialists, designers in Bruce Power or external to the Corporation.
• Prepares submission including cost justification or financial evaluation as appropriate; recommends adoption of the proposal and steps required to incorporate it. Submits these for approval or forwarding if necessary.
• Prepares as required and on receipt of authorization, detailed documentation of the proposal, such as equipment specifications, engineering calculations, installation, testing, operating and maintenance procedures and the like. Submits necessary documentation covering complete proposal for forwarding to responsible bodies for cost and installation approval if necessary. This includes Bruce Power, AECL, Ministry of Consumer and Corporate Relations, Atomic Energy Control Board (AECB), International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) or other external organizations.
• Discusses installation or implementation with persons concerned and ensures, where possible, that the installation is as was intended.
• Instructs staff as necessary through lecture, field training, operating procedure and the like.
• Keeps abreast of maintenance and operating problems and takes action to implement change as appropriate.
• Cooperates with other departments and organizations such as Canadian General Electric (CGE), Babcock & Wilcox Canada Limited (B&W), AECL, Bruce Power Technology (OHT) and others in arranging for tests and providing appropriate documentation as required.
• Keeps abreast of new developments in the field for use in incorporating same in department equipment or operation.
• Maintains and/or updates operating and other specified department/divisional procedures. Receives assignments relating to procedures from Supervisor or identifies potential problems and opportunities. Discusses these with operating personnel or others as required to ensure current practices are recognized in the procedure. Prepares new or revised procedures consistent with operating licenses, policies, principles, department standard practices, standing instructions, maximum safety of operation, minimal risk of damage or loss, optimum frequency of routines; efficient operation and the like. Submits for review and approval.
• Prepares reports to provide information and data in answer to external requests or for historical purposes. Initiates studies or investigations where opportunities for improvement are apparent. In some instances, these opportunities may be identified by the Supervisor. Collects, or arranges for collection, and analyzes data from past events or operations. Prepares reports, for distribution to various groups, outlining technical details of procedures, processes, results or conclusions and the roles played by various groups; such as, Bruce Power, AECL, or other external organizations. The foregoing may include delivery of presentations. Provides explanations and answers to questions received from recipients of reports.