Position Summary: Design Engineer – I&C OSS.
Location : Toronto or Oshawa
Duration : 1 Year Contract + ( likely to be extended)
• Provide I&C and electrical engineering design and analysis for nuclear and other industrial plants.
• Provide a high level of expertise in one or more specific areas, e.g., piping, pressure vessels, rotating equipment, steam generators and other heat exchangers; structural steel, supports; control instrumentation assessment/design/specification of equipment and components, electrical power generation and distribution; etc.
• Perform condition and performance assessments of mechanical, process, civil/structural, I&C and electrical equipment such as piping, heat exchangers, pumps and other power plant equipment; structural steel, supports; control instrumentation assessment/design/specification of equipment and components, electrical power generation and distribution; etc.
• Perform engineering change design and analysis following established change control procedures.
• Develop life cycle plans, including inspection and test programs.
• Interface with construction/procurement partners, utility stakeholders, and equipment vendors throughout the lifecycle of the design project (i.e., from preliminary and conceptual engineering to detailed design, implementation and close-out) to provide practical and effective solutions as per requirements.
• Provide field support to multi-disciplined plant design modifications, including provision of field engineering.
• Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solution.
• Conduct technical assessments and emergent troubleshooting/engineering to support refurbishment projects and operating unit (capital) projects.
• Interface effectively with other staff on multi-disciplinary projects.
• Stay current with developments within your field of expertise.
• Proven track record in design and analysis in power generation and similar industrial facilities.
• Experience in performing condition assessments of equipment such as heat exchangers, high pressure and temperature piping and pressure components and other power plant equipment.
• In depth knowledge and experience of use of appropriate codes and standards, as applied to nuclear plant and conventional plants.
• Experience in project management and interfacing with and coordinating activities of multi-disciplinary teams.
• Expertise with rigorous engineering change control processes and application of QA programs.
• Registered as a professional engineer in Ontario.
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and have demonstrated a high commitment to quality.
• Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience, with some experience working on-site at a nuclear power plant.