Position Summary: Piping Engineer / Analyst – Nuclear
Location : Toronto or Oshawa
Duration : 1 Year Contract + ( likely to be extended)
We have opportunities for experienced engineers/analysts in the areas of component and piping stress analysis as well as fitness for service analysis. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic team that provides comprehensive engineering service in the areas of piping, component and pressure vessel analysis. The individual should be aware of the business and operational aspects associated with piping/component design and fitness for service assessments.
• Piping analysis for Class 1, 2, 3 and 6 piping systems for CANDU nuclear generating stations. Analysis includes static and dynamic (seismic, waterhammer) analysis
• Linear and nonlinear finite element analysis for components such as pipe fittings (elbows, tees), pipe supports (linear, plate and shell), seal plates and flued heads
• Fitness for service assessments of piping, pipe fittings and pressure vessels to support continued operation of the station
• Feeder piping analysis and outage support including but not limited to: inspection scope of work, vibration analysis, thinning rate assessments, replacement/ice plugging analysis and fracture mechanics assessment for postulated flaws.
Skills / Qualifications:
• Demonstrated capability to manage a knowledge-based work unit
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability in preparing technical reports and deliverables to successful conclusion
• Good knowledge of CANDU nuclear power plant design and operation as well as CANDU reactor components (specifically primary heat transport, feeder, calandria)
• Understanding of fundamental theories in continuum mechanics, mechanical vibrations, metal fatigue, fluid structure interaction and/or acoustics
• Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO), or eligible for PEO status, with a passion for engineering
• Experience in finite element analysis codes such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, LSDYNA, FEMAP and NASTRAN
• Experience in piping analysis codes such as CAESAR II, AutoPIPE and PIPESTRESS
• In depth knowledge of CSA N285.0, N286.7 and N289 as well as ASME Section III Subsections NB, NC, ND, NF, ASME B31.1 and ASME Section VIII
• Past experience that supports ASME Section III Appendix XXIII Qualification for Design Report is considered an asset
The successful candidate will be recognized by his/her peers for professionalism, superior performance, knowledge, expertise and ability to work in team environment with members of the Piping Analysis and Feeder and Component Analysis Sections.
Candidates with expert level skills and experience will be considered at a higher level, with a compensation package commensurate with this experience.