Position Summary: Design Engineer – Civil OSS.
Location : Toronto or Oshawa
Duration : 1 Year Contract + ( likely to be extended)
• Provide civil/structural engineering design and analysis for nuclear and other industrial plants.
• Provide expertise in one or more specific areas, e.g., structural design of steel and concrete structures, seismic engineering analysis and design, piping supports.
• Perform condition and performance assessments of civil structures
Perform engineering change design and analysis following established change control procedures.
• Participate in technical integration of multi-disciplined design projects
Interface with construction/procurement partners and utility stakeholders, throughout the lifecycle of the design project (i.e., from preliminary and conceptual engineering to detailed design, implementation and close-out) to provide practical and effective solutions as per requirements.
• Provide field support to multi-disciplined plant design modifications, including provision of field engineering.
• Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solution.
• Conduct technical assessments and emergent troubleshooting/engineering to support refurbishment projects and operating unit (capital) projects.
• Interface effectively with other staff on multi-disciplinary projects.
• Stay current with developments within your field of expertise.
• Proven track record in design and analysis in power generation and similar industrial facilities.
• Knowledge and experience of the use of appropriate codes and standards, as applied to nuclear plant and conventional plants such as CSA N287, CSA N289 and CSA N291 and other codes and standards such as NBCC and S16 and A23.
• Experience in performing condition assessments of buildings and structures..
• Experience in project management and interfacing with and coordinating activities of multi-disciplinary teams.
• Expertise with rigorous engineering change control processes and application of QA programs.
• Registered as a professional engineer in Ontario.
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and have demonstrated a high commitment to quality.
• Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience, ideally with some experience working on-site at a nuclear power plant.